Vital’s favorite Gluten-free pizza dough
Here is the pizza dough for those on a gluten free diet and missing the taste of a good wood fired pizza. Brett has been perfecting his gluten free pizza dough recipe. After many trials and errors, we have found that this recipe makes a superior pizza dough, besides being gluten free. This dough has been able to fool our pizza tasters in side by side taste tests with our regular gluten pizzas. These could be cooked in a home oven, but we prefer a high temperature outdoor oven such as the Gozney Dome.
A key ingredient in this pizza is Caputos Fioreglut gluten-free flour. The key ingredient is gluten-free wheat starch. And, yes! This is a certified gluten-free product. One 1kg bag will make two batches of this recipe. Each batch makes 3 12" pizzas. We do not recommend substituting other gluten free flours in this recipe.
- 500g Caputo Gluten Free Flour
- 400g water
- 12.5g fine sea salt
- 10g olive oil
- Pour 400g water into a mixer.
- Take 3g of instant dry yeast and mix it into water thoroughly.
- Add flour and mix on the lowest speed.
- Add salt once the water is just getting mixed into the flour.
- Oil a spatula and scrape side of bowl after about a minute of mixing.
- Once all of your dough is fully mixed (about 2 minutes) slowly pour in 10g of olive oil.
- Stop mixer after about a minute and scrape the side of the bowl one more time.
- Mix for 1 more minute.
- After about 5 minutes total stop mixing and oil your hands to remove dough onto a well oiled surface.
- Divide the dough into 300g dough balls and wrap each one with plastic wrap like you would a piece of candy - fold 2 sides over and twist unfolded sides.
- Store in fridge for at least 12 hours and up to 3 days.